Isoptin is a medical product from the group of calcium channel-blocking agents that block the entrance of calcium ions to the heart and blood vessels. Verapamil is an active ingredient. The ingredient improves a nutrition of the myocardium with the blood, removes the coronary spasm, lowers and need of myocardium in oxygen.
The contractions are reduced under the action of Isoptin, it gets more blood and improves the nutrition of the tissues. Moreover, a dilation of the coronary arteries happens.
Blocking the entrance of calcium ions into blood plates, Isoptin inhibits their aggregation. In addition, it provides some natriuretic and diuretic action by means of the reduction of the tubular reabsorption. The use of Isoptin is useful during the cardiovascular diseases:
- Any types of ischemic heart disease
- High blood pressure in the blood vessels
- Sudden increase of the frequency of heart rate
- Severe arterial hypertension (in the combined therapy)
- Angina of effort
In what dose is Isoptin used?
Isoptin is taken orally during or after meals, with some water. The pills are swallowed entirely. Dosing and duration of the treatment is individual depending on severity and types of the cardiovascular diseases (1). To prevent the attacks of angina, arrhythmia, and to treat arterial hypertension, the drug is prescribed adults in the initial dose of 40 mg 3-4 times a day.
A dose may be gradually increased up to 480 a day. The higher doses are not recommended because it may cause a converse effect and disease symptoms may grow.
- The excretion of Isoptin from the body is slow in patients with intensive dysfunctions of liver, and therefore the treatment should be started from the minimal doses
- The action of the drug is enhanced by medical products regulating the heart rate, beta-adrenoceptors, inhalation products for anesthesia, diuretics and products lowering high blood pressure. If you are taking one of these medicines, lower the dose of Isoptin
- It is not recommended to take Isoptin during inotropy, acute myocardium infarction, chronic heart failure
- Patients under 18 years old do not take Isoptin
Taking Isoptin in reasonable doses, the side effects appear seldom. The symptoms are usually related to either overdose, or individual intolerance of verapamil. In this case, you may have dizziness, edema of body, migraine, frequent fatigue, buzzing in ears, and tremor (2). These side effects are moderate and do not cause discomfort.
Buy Isoptin online
Isoptin is for sale by prescription in most countries. But if you have already taken this medicine, it is not obligatory to waste time in order to get a prescription. Isoptin without prescription is for sale on the Internet (3).
Buying Isoptin online, you may use a qualified consultation of a pharmacist free of charge. Therefore, if you have questions as to correct use of Isoptin without prescription, our pharmacist will answer your questions at any time.