One can protect oneself against bacterial infections by avoiding infected people and following the rules of the personal hygiene. But if you have been already infected, it is necessary to take a strong antibiotic as soon as possible. Ampicillin is one of the best antibiotics which neutralizes the symptoms of infection and inhibits bacteria activity.
What is Ampicillin?
Ampicillin is a semi-synthetic antibiotic from the group of penicillins. It provides a bactericidal action to bacteria and inhibits synthesis of the cellular membrane of the microorganisms, so that the cells with microorganisms are destroyed.
The therapeutic effect develops during the use of the high doses of Ampicillin. As a period of half-life of the active ingredients is short, the medicine is used several times per day. The medicine is excreted by kidneys, and therefore patients with kidney diseases should be cautious while taking Ampicillin. Some parts of the antibiotic are discharged with the breast milk, and therefore the medicine is contraindicated during lactation.
A resistance to the action of Ampicillin is quickly developed, and that is why, the medicine should be used strictly according to the recommendations.
Indications for the use
- Respiratory tract and upper respiratory tract infections
- Infections of the kidneys and urinary tract
- Infections of the musculoskeletal system
- Infections of the gastrointestinal tract
- Infections of the skin and soft tissues
- Infective endocarditis
Contraindications for the use
- Idiosyncrasy of the antibiotic active ingredients, including other penicillins and cephalosporins
- Liver failure
- Exacerbations of gastrointestinal ulcers and bleeding
- Ulcerative colitis
- Children under the age of 1 year
- Bronchial asthma
Ampicillin is not contraindicated during pregnancy but a patient should be very attentive and stop taking the antibiotic during the appearance of any side effects.
Usage and doses
Ampicillin has a high acid-resistance, and therefore it can be used before and after meals. Doctors recommend to take the medicine one hour before meals, so that the pills will be quickly dissolved in the gastro-intestinal tract.
The dosage regimen depends on the type, site and severity of the infectious process.
- If infections of the respiratory tracts and HENT, Ampicillin is used in the dose of 250 mg 4 times per day, within 7 days
- If infections of the urinary tracts, Ampicillin is used in the dose of 500 mg 4 times per day within 10-14 days
- If gonococcal urethritis, patients are prescribed a single dose of Ampicillin 3,5 g
- If infections of the gastro-intestinal tract, Ampicillin is used 500-1000 mg 4 times per day, within 5-10 days
- If infections of the skin and soft tissues, Ampicillin is used in the dose of 500 mg 4 times per day, within 5-10 days.
As other penicillins, Ampicillin is well tolerated and seldom causes side effects. The side effects appear in single cases during the use of the high doses within a long time. The probable side effects are: headache, tremor, spasms, dysbacteriosis, candidiasis, stomachache, nausea, and diarrhea.
Buy Ampicillin online
Before buying Ampicillin online, it is necessary to read the instructions for the use and make sure that this antibiotic is not contraindicated. If you have peculiar symptoms of the infectious disease, and Ampicillin is not contraindicated, you can order the shipment of the pills without leaving the house.
One can buy Ampicillin online without a prescription, and therefore there is no need to make an appointment to a doctor. The procedure of buying Ampicillin online will take 3-5 minutes, and if you buy medicines on the Internet pharmacy for the first time, you can use a free consultation of a pharmacy representative. He/she will inform you how to order Ampicillin without prescription in the online pharmacy and how to get a discount.