Baclofen is a muscle relaxant of the central action which reduces the muscle spasticity and acute pain during spasms.
According to the molecular structure, Baclofen is a classical muscle relaxant which stimulates receptors of gamma-amino butyric acid, so that the muscle tension is reduced. It inhibits spinal and visceral reflexes which appear during the high nervous agitation of the central nervous system.
Baclofen provides a mild analgesic action. In case of the strong muscle spasms, the use of Baclofen helps to relax the muscle tissue and remove an acute pain. However, a pain-relieving effect can be weak, that is why patients are recommended to take analgesics.
The therapeutic effect occurs in about 2-3 hours after the use of the pill, and therefore there is no need to wait for the appearance of the muscle spasms and the medicine should be used till the complete recovery.
Indications for the use
- Increased muscle tension during diseases of the back of an infectious, degenerative, traumatic and tumoral origin.
- Cerebral palsy.
- Spasticity during Multiple Sclerosis.
- Spasticity during stroke or traumatic brain injuries.
In what dose is Baclofen used?
The Baclofen pills are used during meals in order to reduce a chance of the side effects in the gastro-intestinal tract. The initial dose of Baclofen is 5 mg 3 times per day for the treatment of the high muscle tension.
To increase the therapeutic effect, the dose of Baclofen may be increased up to 20-25 mg 3 times per day. The dose is increased every 3-4 days by 5 mg.
The maximal therapeutic dose of Baclofen is 100 mg 3 times per day.
A medicine can cause a medical addiction if the initial doses are not followed or the dose of the drug is increased. In case of the overdose, low muscle tone, inhibition of the respiratory center, confusion, loss of the activity, and coma may be observed.
Go to a doctor during the first signs of the overdose.
- Baclofen increases the action of drugs influencing on the central nervous system, hypotensive products and drugs for gout.
- Alcohol consumption is strictly contraindicated during the treatment.
- Tricyclic antidepressants enhance the reduction of the muscle tone. In case of the simultaneous use of Baclofen with these antidepressants, it is necessary to lower the dose of Baclofen.
- Patients with diseases of liver and pancreatic diabetes should control the activity of the hepatic transaminase.
- If epilepsy, frequent convulsive attacks, psychoses, Parkinson’s disease, and chronic renal failure, patients are not prescribed Baclofen.
- Baclofen is recommended only patients over 12 years old.
- A doctors makes a decision about taking Baclofen during pregnancy.
Buy Baclofen online
The cost of Baclofen in common pharmacies can be by several times higher than the real cost of Baclofen recommended by manufacturer. To cover expenses, the pharmacy chains increase the cost of the muscle relaxants on purpose. Many patients with low and middle income level cannot afford Baclofen and stop the muscle spasticity.
You can buy Baclofen at a low price directly from a manufacturer in the online pharmacy. In order to buy cheap Baclofen online, you should have several minutes of free time and an access to the Internet.
The orders for the shipment of cheap Baclofen online are accepted 24 hours, in any country. Buying a big pack of Baclofen online, an additional discount may be received and more money may be saved.