Celexa is one of the most popular antidepressants from the group of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. This medicine contains an active ingredient Citalopram. It has been actively used before the appearance of Escitalopram. It provides a strong antidepressive effect which is slowly developed.
According to the results of the experienced studies of Celexa, a therapeutic effect occurs in 2-4 weeks after the use of the drug. This is one of the most selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors which does not bind to the receptors or dopamine, noradrenaline or histamine. Therefore a range of application of Celexa is broader in comparison with classical antidepressants of this group, and it is better tolerated.
Celexa does not have a sedative effect, however, there is a chance of the decrease of the attention and development of sleepiness during the overdose.
As other antidepressants, using Celexa may cause side effects. The intensity of the side effects may depend on the dose, and therefore it is better to begin the treatment from the minimal doses.
Possible side effects of Celexa are dizziness, headache, tremor, drowsiness, nausea, and dry mouth. In addition, a peculiar side effect of the serotonin reuptake inhibitor is a low potency or sexual desire. After the end of using Celexa, a sexual function is completely restored.
Indications for the use
- Endogenous and exogenous depression of any severity
- affective disorder (bipolar depression)
- Mixed psycho-emotional disorders (anxiety and depression)
- Psychosomatic diseases
In what dose is Celexa used?
Celexa is taken once per day, in the morning after awakening. You can take pills on an empty stomach or after meals because food does not affect the active ingredients.
Depending on the medical image of a patient and indications for the use, Celexa is taken from the dose of 10-20 mg per day. As long as a medical effect appears and analyses of the treatment results appear, the dose can be adjusted: higher or lower dose. The maximal daily dose of Celexa is 60 mg. The maximal dose of Celexa 60 mg can be divided into 2 times (in the morning and evening).
Celexa is taken within 4-6 months, and then the treatment is topped and a state of a patient is observed. If necessary, the treatment will be restored in 1-2 months.
Recommendations for the use
- Using Celexa, there is a chance of the insignificant increase of the heart rate.
- The efficiency and safety of Celexa in children is not studies, and therefore this medicine is not prescribed patients under 18 years old.
- If renal failure, there is a chance of the metabolism disorder of Citalopram, so that it may be accumulated in the body. Due to this reason, Celexa should be used in the minimal effective dose not more than 30 mg per day during this pathology.
- Celexa can enhance a maniac state, and therefore a patient should be controlled within the first 14 days of the treatment.
- If you took MAO inhibitors, at least 14 days should pass before taking Celexa.
Where to buy Celexa without prescription?
It is impossible to buy antidepressants without prescription in the common city pharmacies, and therefore if you go to a pharmacy and ask for Celexa, a pharmacist will ask you for a prescription.
But if you do not have a prescription, Celexa can be bought without leaving the house. In order to buy Celexa without prescription, you should have an Internet access and a bank card with the help of which you will pay for your purchase.
You can buy several packages of Celexa without prescription for the entire course of the treatment in the online pharmacy. Due to the large order, you will save up to 50% from the general cost of Celexa without prescription and will cover the expenses for the shipment.