Atorvastatin is used to control the cholesterol level in the blood and prevent the cardiovascular diseases. This medicine belongs to a group of statins, ingredients which reduce a concentration of some lipids in the tissues and liquids of the body.
Atorvastatin is prescribed when neither diet, nor physical activity reduces the cholesterol level in the blood. The mechanism of the action of Atorvastatin consists in blocking the receptors which produce sterols and cholesterol. According to the results of the medical studies, Atorvastatin lowers the level of general cholesterol by 35-45% from the general rate, and this result is higher if certain diet is followed.
Atorvastatin helps to prevent the occlusion of vessels and a development of atherosclerosis. Atorvastatin reduces a death rate by 26% in patients with myocardial infarction. The therapeutic effect can be felt after the first use. The level of cholesterol is significantly reduced and the therapeutic effect reaches maximum within 2-4 weeks.
Indications for the use
- Increased level of cholesterol.
- prevention of coronary heart disease during a high level of cholesterol.
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system.
In what dose is Atorvastatin used?
Atorvastatin is used once per day, at any time, regardless of meals. It is necessary to take blood tests and control the level of the main lipids during the treatment. According to the results of tests, the daily dose is adjusted.
The initial dose of Atorvastatin during the primary hypercholesterolemia is 10 mg. the dose can be increased by 10 mg per day every 2 weeks.
The maximal dose of Atorvastatin 80 mg is prescribed only in urgent cases when a risk of the heart attack or ischemic heart disease is high.
Specific signs of the overdose are not indicated, however the probable symptoms can be pain in liver, acute renal failure, myopathy. In case of the overdose it is necessary to go to a doctor to control the organ functions and the next hospital admission.
- The risk of myopathy is increased during the medical interaction of Atorvastatin with cyclosporin, fibrate, azithromycin, clarithromycin, immunosuppressive drugs.
- Antacids are able to lower the concentration of Atorvastatin in the plasma by 35% but it will not affect the therapeutic activity of the drug and speed the reduction of the cholesterol level.
- The increase of the rates of the liver transaminase is observed mainly in the first 3 months of using the drug, and then the liver function is restored. The treatment is stopped only when that rates are increased by 3 times.
- Atorvastatin is contraindicated during severe liver diseases.
- The medicine is not prescribed patients under 18 years old because the safety of Atorvastatin is unknown for them.
- Atorvastatin is not recommended during pregnancy and lactation.
Buy Atorvastatin online
If you have a task to reduce the cholesterol level in the blood as soon as possible, you can buy Atorvastatin online without delaying the treatment. Buying Atorvastatin online is available to everybody regardless of place of living. You can order Atorvastatin online 24/7/365 in any country. The shipment of Atorvastatin online is made with the help of courier service, and you can track the movement of your package.
Buying Atorvastatin online, you can use your bank card and pay for your order without leaving the house. You can also receive a discount for Atorvastatin online which is provided during the order of a great pack of Atorvastatin without prescription.