Most antihistamine drugs have a narrow action and inhibit only allergic and inflammatory processes. Benadryl has a broad pharmacological action and is able to arrest more symptoms of the allergic process.
What is Benadryl?
Benadryl is an antihistamine drug of the first generation which contains an active ingredient diphenhydramine. The drug provides antihistamine, anti-allergic, cholinolytic, antiemetic, sedative action.
The mechanism of the action of Benadryl consists in blocking the histamine receptors, so that the allergy symptoms are arrested. It reduces or prevents spasms of the smooth muscle caused by histamine, lowers edema of the tissues, itching, and hyperemia. The oral use of Benadryl can cause a light local anesthesia, a temporal feeling of numbness of the mucous membranes of the mouth.
A drawback of Benadryl is a short-period of action, so that the pills should be used several times per day. The therapeutic effect is developed within 30 minutes and the maximal action occurs in an hour after the use of the single dose.
Indications for the use
- Hay fever
- Pruritic dermatoses
- Allergic conjunctivitis
- Serum sickness
- Sea and air sickness
- Combined therapy of asthma
- An allergic reaction in response to the application of medicines or food
Uses and dosage
The Benadryl pills are used orally, one hour before meals, with a full glass of water. Depending on the intensity of the allergic process, the pills are used 2-3 times per day.
- The dose of Benadryl is 30-50 mg 2-3 times per day for adults and children over 12 years
- The dose of Benadryl 15-30 mg 1-3 times per day is prescribed for children at the age of 5 to 11 years
- The dose of Benadryl 5-15 mg 1-3 times per day is prescribed children at the age of 2 to 5 years old
The maximal daily dose of Benadryl for adults is 250 mg. The treatment is continued till the symptoms of the allergic process will be arrested and the patient’s life will be relieved.
- Due to the strong sedative action, Benadryl should be used carefully, and potentially dangerous activities should be restricted
- Benadryl is contraindicated women during pregnancy and lactation, and children under 1 year old
- Benadryl is used carefully during the diseases of the cardiovascular system, hypotension, liver diseases, and by patients over 60 years old because there is a chance of the side effects
Probable side effects
The side effects appear in seldom cases and can occur within entire treatment, or in the first week. The most common side effects of Benadryl are general weakness, fatigue, sedation, somnolence, headache, hypotension, palpitations, dry mouth.
If the side effects become stronger, it is necessary to see a doctor.
Buy Benadryl online
If you want to buy Benadryl in the online pharmacy but you need a help, you can consult a representative of the pharmacy 24/7. The consultations of pharmacist and representative of the pharmacy are free of charge, but this is not obligatory.
In our pharmacy, you can order Benadryl online without prescription and pay for your order with the help of a bank card, without leaving the house. We guarantee you 100% confidentiality and a safe shipment to any country.