Nausea and dizziness may be caused by various traumatic or pathological processes in the body. So, to treat these symptoms different medicines are used which have different therapeutic actions. One of the best drugs to arrest dizziness and vomiting is Antivert.
Antivert is an antihistamine product used for the reduction of dizziness and vomiting. It contains an active ingredient Meclizine.
This is a drug with intense sedative action which blocks H1-histamine receptors, narrows blood vessels and lowers spasmogenic effect of histamine. The medicine has a weak cholinolytic activity. According to the data of the medical studies, a therapeutic effect is achieved due to the specific action of Antivert to peripheral labyrinth structures (a formation of inner ear containing receptors of hearing and vestibular apparatus).
An antiemetic effect of Antivert is more intense during disorders of motion (sea sickness, air sickness, and others). After the peroral use of Antivert, a therapeutic effect is developed within an hour and lasts for 24 hours. A pharmacological action of Antivert is reversible because this medicine does not influence on the causes of the dizziness and nausea, but it blocks biological processes increasing these symptoms.
Indications for the use
- Disorder of vestibular function
- Sea and air sickness
- Skin diseases accompanied by itch
- Relief of vomiting, nausea, dizziness of unspecified origin.
In what dose is Antivert used?
To reduce nausea and severe dizziness, Antivert is used 1-2 times per day depending on the severity and cause of the symptoms. The minimal daily dose of Antivert is 25 mg, and the maximal one is 100 mg.
It is better to begin the treatment from the minimal dose of Antivert 25 mg. If the symptoms are not reduced within 2-3 days, the daily dose is increased up to 50 mg and till achieving the optimal result.
In case of the motion sickness, Antivert 25 mg is used one hour before going by car/train/plane.
Recommendations for the use
- Antivert is not prescribed children under 12 years old because it is unknown how this medicine influences on the vestibular system of a child and activity of the brain
- Patients with glaucoma should be cautious during the use of Antivert
- If you are taking Antivert, avoid alcohol consumption. It can cause an acute condition of the dizziness and significantly decrease a therapeutic effect
- Medicines inhibiting the action of the central nervous system increase the action of Antivert, and therefore it is necessary to take due care and psychomotor functions should be controlled
- If a potential use from taking Antivert is higher than a potential risk, the medicine may be used during pregnancy
As Antivert provides an inhibiting action to the central nervous system, a patient may experience drowsiness, dry mouth, blurred vision, and fatigue. These side effects completely pass after the end of the therapy with Antivert.
Where to buy Antivert?
If dizziness and/or nausea bother you, go to a physician, have a medical examination and receive a medical prescription for Antivert. Due to a prescription, you will buy Antivert in any pharmacy in the city. But if you don’t have a prescription, and dizziness and nausea don’t let you go to a physician, just buy Antivert online.
Buying Antivert online does not required a prescription, and the order will be sent to the indicated address, in any country. In order to buy Antivert online, you do not have to leave the house. A courier will deliver your package to your home address. You can pay for Antivert online with the help of a bank card.