Tricyclic antidepressants have first appeared on the market and have many drawbacks, but, nevertheless, Anafranil is in a great demand and helps to effectively cope with depression of any severity.
What is Anafranil?
Anafranil is a brand name of Clomipramine which is used for the treatment of depression. This tricyclic antidepressant arrests the symptoms of the depression by means of the serotonin and noradrenaline reuptake inhibition.
If the serotonin concentration is increased, the human has better mood, easily resists depression and stress, and the quality of sleep is improved. During the high concentration of noradrenaline, there is a stimulating effect which is manifested in the increased frequency of the heart beats, and light agitation of the central nervous system.
Unlike common antidepressants, Anafranil acts more intensively and the effect happens faster. In spite of this, there are some restrictions, and patients with acute maniac states are not recommended this drug.
A medical effect occurs within 2 weeks after the started treatment. Anafranil has a broad-spectrum action, and therefore it is often prescribed patients for the complex treatment of depression.
Indications for the use
- Depressive states of different origin
- Depression in patients with schizophrenia
- Obsessive-compulsive syndromes
- Chronic pain syndrome
- Nocturnal enuresis caused by a disorder of the psychological origin.
In what dose should be Anafranil used?
The period of the action of a dose of Anafranil is short, and that is why the tablets should be used 2-3 times per day.
- A standard dose of Anafranil is 75 mg (3 times) for adult patients and children over 12 years old
- To increase the effect, the dose is gradually increased up to 150 mg of Anafranil per day (50 mg 3 times per day)
- The maximal daily dose of Anafranil is 250 mg
The dose of Anafranil for senior patients over 60 years old should be lower. The treatment begins with the daily dose of 10 mg and is gradually increased up to 50 mg per day. Senior patients should not take more than 50 mg.
Dose of Anafranil for children:
- At the age of 9-12 – 5-50 mg
- At the age of 5-8 – 20-30 mg
Probable side effects
Using tricyclic antidepressants, the side effects often appear, but their intensity can be lowered if the precautions are followed. Using Anafranil, you should be ready for some side effects: drowsiness, fatigue, concern, increased appetite, dry mouth, sweating, constipation, tachycardia, palpitations, and tinnitus.
If the side effects cause discomfort, the dose of Anafranil can be reduced. If the side effects are not gone after the reduced daily dose, the treatment is stopped.
- Anafranil should be used carefully by patients with epilepsy because the probability of the convulsive seizures is increased during the use of the drug
- Anafranil is not recommended patients with uncontrolled hypertension, recent myocardial infarction, severe diseases of the cardiovascular system, and patients under 5 years old
- If you take MAO inhibitors, it is necessary to have 14-day-break before using Anafranil
- Anafranil is contraindicated during pregnancy
Buy Anafranil online
If you want to buy Anafranil, you will be asked a prescription in the city pharmacy. If you do not have a prescription, you lost it, or it is expired, you will have to go to a doctor again. In order to accelerate the process of buying Anafranil, you can order the shipment of this antidepressant in the online pharmacy.
Anafranil can be bought without prescription, without leaving the house. The process of buying Anafranil online will take just several minutes. The shipment is performed to any place with the help of a courier or post service. Buying Anafranil online will be cheaper, and you will save your time.